Tradmark Attorney in Boston,
Once a trademark is registered, its owner needs to be watchful against trademark infringement and elsewhere. Companies need to watch for the following:
- Appearance of the same or similar trademarks, not only by competing products, but even by companies producing different products or services
- Misuse of the trademark, such as using the trademark without appropriate trademark symbols, within published material, such as news articles or even fictional works
Trademark infringement can be intentional or innocent, such as when constant misuse of the trademark weakens its identifying value until it becomes a generic term for the product. This is why trademark defense must be a constant process.
Services provided by trademark lawyers in Boston
Skilled Boston trademark lawyers provide valuable services and protection to ensure a long lifecycle for a registered trademark:
- They have the resources to ensure that the desired trademark is unique prior to starting the registration process.
- They provide advice and instruction to trademark owners to help them understand their responsibilities in protecting their trademarks
- They have the skills to tenaciously litigate against trademark infringement in court.
With over 35 years of experience as a Boston trademark attorney handling trademark prosecution and intellectual property law, Robert K. Tendler understands the complexities of trademark law and has the experience to ensure that your intellectual property rights are fully protected.
Contact Intellectual Property attorney Robert K. Tendler, or call us at (617) 723-7268 for a consultation on your intellectual property law matter.