The Law Offices of Robert K. Tendler represent inventors, corporate counsel, small and large businesses, institutions, authors, performers, musicians and other clients in the following intellectual property law matters:
- Patent law: patent preparation and counseling, patent prosecution, and licensing
- Trademark law: domestic and foreign protection of trademarks for businesses
- Copyright law: copyright filing and enforcement, often on behalf of authors, performers, and musicians
- Unfair anti-trust law: patent anti-trust and Lanham Act violations, often in support of small business protection
With over 35 years of experience in patent prosecution and intellectual property law, Mr. Tendler understands the complexities of patent law and has the experience to ensure that your intellectual property rights are fully protected.
Federal Patent Law 35 U.S.C. 101 provides that for an invention to be patentable, it must either be a "new and useful process, machine, manufacture, or composition of matter" or be a "new and useful improvement" of a "machine, manufacture or composition of matter." The Law Offices of Robert K. Tendler have the expertise to assist clients in obtaining patents for inventions that meet the above definition. Mr. Tendler has extensive experience obtaining patents for complex mechanical, scientific, and consumer products. Mr. Tendler has previously obtained patents in a wide range of industries, including the following:
- Hyperbolic and GPS navigation
- Internet software and internet based systems
- Medical electronics
- Medical imaging, including tomography
- Semi-conductor processing and encapsulation
- Gate array and circuit testing
- Relational databases
- Smart card technology
- Fiber optic networks
Successfully obtaining or protecting a patent, trademark, or copyright requires a strong understanding of the complexities present in each area of the law. Mr. Tendler has practiced for more than 35 years in the field of intellectual property and has an excellent understanding of patent, trademark, and copyright law. Mr. Tendler has patented his own products, and works closely with clients who are in the formative stages of technical development of their product, ensuring that the inventions and ideas are adequately protected and providing strategic business counsel.
Contact the Law Offices of Robert K. Tendler for a consultation on your intellectual property law matter. As a courtesy to our clients, the firm offers fixed fees for client representation. The office can be contacted by email or at (617) 723-7268.